Aerobel provides off-the-shelf and customised realtime visual systems for Ship Bridge Simulators.
For example, the company recently upgraded - as a turnkey system - the realtime visuals of a Ship Bridge Simulator in Belgium. This 5-channel visual system provides:
- a field of view of ~225 degrees
- high fidelity geospecific ports with 30Hz frame rate at 1024x768 pixel resolution
- realistic sea with fully-responsive dynamic objects (eg ships & buoys)
- control of global sea state and locally-varying sea conditions
- control of time of day, sun angle & met visibility
- quadraphonic sound
- reliable communications with the host computer.
Aerobel's visual systems are based on commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) hardware & software tools together with customised software to provide Customers with the following benefits:
- reduced initial procurement cost & whole-life cost
- maximum flexibility
- protected software investment through the use of open format software
- significant growth potential (eg for increased database complexity and higher resolution displays).
Aerobel's Ship Bridge visual systems incorporate key features such as:
- anti-aliased, fully-phototextured out-the-window views at high frame rates
- detailed ships/entities with smooth level of detail switching
- smooth dynamic ship motion with collision detection even with a low update rate from the host computer
- spatially-varying dynamic sea with control of global sea state and local amplitudes
- dynamic response of ships/buoys over whole sea
- bow waves & stern wakes and directional wakes for tugs
- dynamic components (eg lights, radars, cranes, lock gates)
- wind-induced effects (eg smoke/exhaust plumes & flags)
- changing ship signals automatically from day to night
- dynamic signals on-shore (controlled by an external signalling model).
Aerobel also provides:
- database converters (eg to import proprietary data formats into the COTS 3D modelling tools) for the generation/modification of geospecific databases & their associated radar displays
- database modelling services
- after-action review facilities
- desktop PC-based visual systems.
Press here and complete the form for the specification, literature & price.
© Aerobel Defence Technology 2000